Advert: Teacher of Geography
Reporting to: Assistant Headteacher
Start Date: January 2020 (or earlier depending on circumstances)
Location: Ark Victoria Academy
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary: Ark MPS (£24,313 - £35,883)/ UPS (£38,115 - £40,985)
Closing Date: Friday 18th October 2019 at 11:00am
Interviews: 21st October 2019 Onwards
Ark Victoria Academy is at an exciting time in its journey - for the first time the school is full in every year group, with its first ever Y11 cohort set to sit GCSEs in 2020. As a result there are a number of key vacancies for subject specialists and leaders to join the academy, which has recently received its Ofsted Good rating.
We are currently seeking an exceptional teacher for GCSE Geography, you will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student a great education and real choices in life, regardless of their background. As a passionate practitioner, you will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
Aim high, be brave, be kind, keep learning
You should be suitably qualified to teach within a secondary setting and in addition, you should have excellent communication skills and a track record of sustained improvement leading to a positive impact on students’ progress. As an inspirational teacher, you will be committed to student-centred learning and to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students. In return we offer a wide range of staff benefits, as well as the opportunity to work within a thriving and committed environment.
The successful candidate will:
• Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
For further information on this brilliant opportunity as well as the fantastic benefits available, please see the job description and person specification below and to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Mrs Mubarik, HR Manager, on 0121 281 3535, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your online application.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process which will include questions about safeguarding. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.