We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational teacher who would be able to support and add expertise to our growing and increasingly successful team of teachers delivering Geography to the students of Saint Paul’s.
The role is Fixed Term until 31/08/2022 to cover Maternity Leave.
The main duties of the role are:
• To contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and learning to ensure successful outcomes for all.
• To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of students
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
• Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students.
• Be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations.
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
• Be flexible, open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
• Act with the utmost integrity
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment characterised by excellent relationships with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
• An opportunity to work in a high quality, new build with state of the art classrooms and facilities
• An opportunity to join a well-established and highly cohesive and supportive staff team led by forward thinking and innovative and creative specialists
• Excellent career development opportunities with bespoke paid training as and when required
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
• The opportunity to develop skills and interests through extra-curricular activities
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 499 0000 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Teacher application form and returned it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager email@example.com You will need to read the notes to applicants, privacy notice, job description and person specification and disclosure form.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Please note that whilst the successful candidate will be appointed to a particular school within the Trust, the Trust reserves the right to deploy staff at any of its schools depending on need, where agreement is reached with all parties.
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years