JOB TITLE: Teacher of Geography
Grade and Salary: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Working pattern: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Location: The Manor Academy, Park Hall Road, Mansfield Woodhouse, NG19 8QA
Start date: September 2021
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the previous inspection.
We are looking for a dedicated Teacher of Geography to join our successful Humanities Department on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. They will want to inspire our students whilst enabling students to make rapid progress in their studies. The post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher with excellent subject knowledge and a passion for teaching.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to work flexibly
• Career-Average pension scheme
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career
The closing date for applications is: 15 April 2021 at midday
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
The Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years