“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Teacher of Geography to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, inspirational, and experienced or Newly Qualified teacher who is passionate about teaching the subject of Geography. The role is part time, and the Academy are flexible on the number of days on offer.
Teachers within the Humanities Faculty (History, Geography and RS) seek to broaden a learner’s understanding of the world, at all levels within the Academy, while facilitating their development as whole people and furnishing them with vital lifelong learning attributes and capacities. The Faculty offers learners research engaged, responsive and innovative teaching which leads to high levels of academic achievement alongside high levels of enjoyment. Furthermore, we aim to broaden a learners understanding and appreciation of culture, in all its forms, experienced within the Academy, locally, nationally and internationally. This is further applied through the relationship with UCL faculties and with the wider community. The Faculty strives to push forward teaching and learning innovations particularly within the field of Open Space teaching and learning, the use of ICT for Learning, development of literacy and AFL skills. We aim to enrich our students with practical and real-life context self-directed activities and would love you to join our team on our journey to ‘outstanding’.
Our sponsor, University College London, is among the top universities in the world and we benefit terrifically from this supportive partnership. Staff and students alike develop their teaching and learning in exciting ways informed by the latest research. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university being used aspirationally with the academy’s students
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from University College London
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
• Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
• Suitable IT equipment for all staff
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide
• Staff wellbeing programmes, including staff yoga, wellbeing courses, counselling.
How to apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Monday 14 October 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful. The Academy has the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.