Our staff are our most valued asset. As a National Teaching School ALL our staff have access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners.
Required for September 2018, we are seeking a Teacher of Geography to join a supportive, successful and well established department within a record breaking, outstanding academy. Applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs are welcome.
The Geography department at Tudor Grange Solihull consists of four specialist Geography teachers who work closely as a team. The department is well provided with teaching resources and information regarding the new specifications. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of Geography, which aim to intrigue, inspire and create a love for learning in Geography. Fieldwork opportunities are offered across the key stages.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Working in a department where overall 84% of students achieved GCSE A*-C (2017).
- Teaching students who are well motivated; the school enjoys strong parental support.
- Teaching in a forward-looking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who love their subject.
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate.
- Working in a multi academy trust. This potentially can create opportunities of collaboration and leadership across the four other secondary schools, as well as large scale Trust Insets with opportunities to share best practise and share resources across the Tudor Grange family.
Tudor Grange Academy is a designated National Teaching School which means all our staff have access to excellent opportunities to flourish, develop and facilitate courses for other professionals. Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands. Our results place the Academy in the top 5 of non-selective schools in the country and reinforces our reason for expanding and therefore offering some fantastic opportunities. In 2017 our Progress 8 score was +0.5 and our Attainment 8 was 58.9.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Teaching pupils who are well motivated, the school enjoys strong parental support
- An excellent induction programme
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly! A few of the things we offer are:
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
- Free school meals for just two 25 minute lunch duties per fortnight
- A supportive, open and approachable management team
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
- We really value our staff and will do whatever we can to meaningfully demonstrate that
- Free staff activities including: fitness classes and sports clubs
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits
- On-site parking for staff
- The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
- The Academy participates in the cycle to work scheme Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Please see the Applicant Information Pack, our TES School Career Site and our own website for further information.
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Kathryn Smith at the Academy by 12 noon pm on the closing date either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
For further details please visit https://www.solihull.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.