Kingsmead School, a partner academy in John Taylor Multi Academy Trust (JT MAT) is seeking to appoint an outstanding, creative and enthusiastic teacher of Geography. The candidate should be able to embrace the school belief that teaching is an art form and demonstrate their ability to unlock the full potential of all students. Please refer to job description and department information.
We are looking for applicants who are highly motivated and ready to join us as we build on the school's many areas of strength.
The successful candidates will:
• Be a passionate advocate of their school and subject; be able to inspire a love of Geography in pupils
• Be a talented, creative and informed practitioner who can demonstrate an understanding of what is needed to deliver lessons that have impact on outcomes
• Have a desire to continually develop their pedagogy of teaching and use successful research-based strategies to enhance their delivery
• Be prepared to peer review others and support the ongoing, continuous development of Learning and teaching at Kingsmead
• Be diligent and demonstrate the highest professional standards in all areas of their role
• Be able to show initiative, have a driven personality and be ready to deliver on whole school impact in an area of their choice
• Be prepared to understand the whole school self-evaluation and improvement plan, identifying areas that they could become involved in to make a difference whole school
• Be able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-18 in Geography
• Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and the JT MAT through sharing best practice at a school and MAT wide level
• Have high expectations of yourself and others including students at Kingsmead
• Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be flexible and a good team player
Kingsmead School can offer a bespoke CPD programe for all teaching staff as part of Kingsmead School, The John Taylor MAT and the National Forest Teaching School.
• The opportunity for early career development through extended leadership, shadowing and coaching
• The opportunity to develop others pedagogy as part of the Learning and teaching team
• A school which is oversubscribed with a waiting and excellent reputation in the local community
• A team of staff who are friendly, supportive and have a brilliant sense of humour
• A blended learning platform with outstanding resources including outstanding schemes of learning, resources, recorded lessons and assessments to make planning more effective
• Timetabled planning for metacognition time (PFM) as part of the Geography curriculum; allowing the 3 qualified geography teachers 1 hour a week to plan together and reflect on the impact of their delivery
NQTS are welcome to apply for this position and will receve excellent support together with a bespoke CPD program.
This trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure and barring service check is a requirement of this post. A copy of the ‘Safeguarding Policy’ is available to view by visiting the School website: www.kingsmeadschool.net
Application forms and additional information is available to view and download from the vacancies area of the school website www.kingsmeadschool.net.
Please note CV applications are not accepted. Only fully completed JT MAT Teacher application forms should be submitted for shortlisting. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our ‘Recruitment Pack’ on the school website before submitting your application.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th March 2021 (12 noon)
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years