We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of geography to join the department from September 2019 on a full time, permanent basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results consistently place us in the top 10% of schools nationally.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below.
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of geography who can inspire and engage young people
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- The ability to teach geography at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- The ability to teach travel and tourism at KS5 would be an advantage
- A creative and innovative approach to classroom practice
- Commitment to high standards of achievement
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the sharing of good practice
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor including the delivery of PSHE.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment then The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that a n application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Tuesday 15 January 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.