We are seeking to appoint an experienced well-qualified, talented and committed Teacher of Geography to join the department from September 2021 on a full time, permanent basis. Applications from NQTs are also welcome.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Our three year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below.
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of geography who can inspire and engage young people.
- Excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record of good results.
- The ability to teach geography at KS3, KS4 and KS5 (KS5 desirable but not essential).
- A passion for excellence, high standards and the subject.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to classroom practice.
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the sharing of good practice.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be a form tutor including the delivery of PSHE.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 10am, Friday 26 February 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Weald Community School and Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years