We are looking for an exceptional teacher of German to join an outstanding bonding school, Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The candidate should be a motivational and engaging German teacher to high-level international students. Fluent German speakers are encouraged and the ability to teach an additional language would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate will join a successful and growing Modern Languages Department, which offers German language and literature courses across various exam boards.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
• employ modern teaching techniques , classroom management and in-class differentiation.
• have a proven record of accomplishment of teaching students in primary and middle school.
• are willing to develop and implement the Rosenberg International Curriculum.
• are interested to take an active part in the Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive Talent & Enrichment programme.
• have the ability to lead on projects and work independently.
• have taught German at first-language level to apt international students.
Requirements - ideal candidates will have:
• an appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
• a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience.
• dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school's values and ethos.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• a rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, contemporary and internationally renowned school with outstanding facilities.
• colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of approximately 1:3.
• an entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential.
• attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating “German Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2021. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype. Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years