Contract Date: 16th August 2021
Application Closing Date: 14th April 2021
Employment: Full time
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an outstanding IB teacher of German Language and Literature. The successful candidate will be a passionate, motivated, and creative teacher, who thrives in a family like environment, and knows how bring out the best in his/her students.
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is a young, unique and dynamic IB World School (EY, PYP, MYP, DP; CP application in progress) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna. We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has affiliated Academy of Music and the Arts. Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school community of more than 45 nationalities.
- Contribute conscientiously and sensitively toward creating a safe environment in which all students can learn (including adhering to advice, policy, and procedure relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding)
- Work closely and collaboratively with the academic team to ensure the effective delivery of high-quality teaching and learning and development a relevant, challenging, and rigorous, PYP, MYP, and DP curriculums
- Provide regular feedback for learning and write personalized reports to inform parents of their son/daughter’s progress to ensure every child reached his/her highest potential
- Mentor small groups of pupils in their academic and personal development
- Take an active part in the life of the school through attendance at Parents’ Meetings, school events and Professional Development as required
- Contribute one’s skills and talents to the school’s after school activity and Boarding programmes
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Magister) and teaching qualification that fulfils the requirements of the Austrian authorities to teach German
- Subject and pedagogical expertise in German Language and Literature
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy
- Epitomises the School’s definition of Educational Distinction
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP & DP
- EU citizenship
- Master’s Degree
- IB training - Category 1 or 2
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Competent operating school-based information management systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
- Long-term employment in an international company as well as other positive benefits
- Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
- Attractive working environment within an open and warm community
- The salary, depending on qualifications and experience, follows the current salary scale with a minimum gross monthly salary of 3.200,00 EUR (14 times a year) for an employment based on a full-time equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
AMADEUS Vienna follows international best practice Child Protection and Safer Recruitment processes. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening (police records…) and appropriate pre-employment/reference checks.
If you are a highly motivated team player, please send your full application (including CV, cover letter, photo and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AMADEUS International School Vienna
Bastiengasse 36-38, 1180 Vienna
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years