Teacher of German to KS3 or KS4
with any one of French, German or Spanish to KS5
This is a rare opportunity for someone to teach German up to A Level in a comprehensive school. We have a very high uptake for German at GCSE and A level.
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding 6th form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for a Teacher of German to KS3 or KS4 with any one of French, German or Spanish to KS5 to join our team.
The Modern Foreign Languages department offers:
- The opportunity to be a creative modern languages practitioner
- A supportive and expanding department
- A successful and well-resourced department.
- A positive learning and teaching experience in a supportive and friendly environment which is very popular with students.
- Good results at GCSE and A Level
- Good student uptake for A Level
- A comprehensive NQT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach German, French or Spanish to A Level
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, the post and an application form are available on the school website at www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk. Please email completed application forms to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 18th June at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
a Specialist Language and Business & Enterprise College
with Vocational Specialism
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 7DQ
Tel no: 020 8504 9618, Fax no: 020 8559 0487
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Beaumont, MA,BSc,NPQH
No. on roll 1660 (incl. 320 in Sixth Form)