Required! - A Teacher of Hairdressing with outstanding potential who is passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We are currently in consultation to soon join the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, with whom we are already working collaboratively, accessing training opportunities through the Teaching School at St James’s, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place this year.
Working from our purpose built salon, we are seeking a qualified teacher who:
- is able to communicate an infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject that establishes Hairdressing as a ‘must do’ subject.
- is an acknowledged good to outstanding practitioner or demonstrates the potential to be so and has a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues and can enthuse and motivate sometimes challenging students to work hard and try their best
- is willing and able to teach Hairdressing across both KS4 and KS5
- works hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- is resourceful and able and willing to deliver the curriculum in a mainstream setting with limited resources
- actively shares good practice and actively seeks to continue to explore ways to improve their own and others' teaching
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of his/her teaching in the classroom
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities with our hair & beauty salon built in 2012
- opportunities for the successful candidate to explore use of the salon for external client appointments outside of school working hours
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note that if BSCA joins The Bishop Fraser Trust, then employment would transfer to the MAT.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk, or contact the Head of School of ICT, Computer Science, Technology & Vocational Education, Christine Govier firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, checking that it has been properly formatted before submitting, or in the event of difficulty download an application form from our website and email to email@example.com, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
References will be sort prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 19th March 2018.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.