Teacher of Health and Social Care
MPR/UPR September 2019 or January 2020
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Health and Social Care who will join a committed and developing department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
For a second consecutive year in 2018, the schools’ results were outstanding with 31% of all GCSE grades awarded 7-9 / A-A*, 10.5% higher than national average. Our Progress 8 score is +0.76 and ranks us as a ‘well above average school’ and placed us in the top 3% nationally.
Health and Social Care is a very popular and growing subject at Copthall School. Results have been very strong with 90% of Year 13 students achieving a Distinction in their Level 3 course last year.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our thriving Sixth Form, which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results, offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018. Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils’ progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
• be an outstanding teacher or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
• be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
• have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
• be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
• Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
• Benefit from our Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing)
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced candidates.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th June 2019 (12 noon)