Teacher of Health and Social Care – Haven High Academy, Boston, Lincolnshire, MPS/UPS
Job to start: September 2020 – Full time permanent role
Due to the continuing expansion and success of Haven High Academy, we are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Health and Social Care Level 2.
Haven High Academy is oversubscribed with 1,170 students and is situated in Boston, rural Lincolnshire and is part of the Boston Witham Academies Federation.
Our mission is: “To create a centre of excellence within and for the community which raises the aspirations and achievement of all stakeholders – an academy which provides support, care, guidance, challenge and empowerment for all.”
We offer a friendly, supportive working environment, which values talented, committed staff and offers excellent professional development opportunities to assist with career progression.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who is:-
• A talented and dynamic teacher to inspire our students from KS3 to KS4. Health and Social Care is taught in Years 9 to 11.
• Highly motivated, innovative and committed to achieving outstanding results
• A good/outstanding practitioner with a working knowledge of the BTEC Tech award in HSC
• Able to plan and teach internally moderated units (Human lifespan development, health and social care services)
• Able to prepare students for the external synoptic unit Health and Wellbeing
• A professional teacher who understands the importance of best practice and the status of the academy in the community
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Sally.firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Application forms should be sent to Recruitment@bwaf.net before the closing date for this post is 12 noon on Friday 28th February 2020
However we reserve the right to interview/appoint an exceptional candidate before the deadline.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We operate DBS safeguarding procedures.