Teacher of Health and Social Care
To Start January 2019
Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS
We seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Health and Social Care. This post would suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
As Britain’s first federated school, our campus embraces two schools, Boys’ and Girls’ with a co-ed Sixth Form. The school has 1261 students on roll, plus 200 in the Sixth Form. “In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects” “Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this wonderful school continually improves”
(OFSTED, April 2014)
Health and Social Care is a popular subject at Bishop Challoner, attracting high numbers at A’ level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a faculty on the journey to becoming outstanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
- An established and comprehensive induction programme for NQTs and other new staff
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
- A track record of successful student outcomes
- High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Social Sciences Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
To apply, please request an application form from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Faye on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 15th October 2018
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer