Role: Teacher of History and Law
FTE: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary Range: £26,948 to £42,780 (MPS1 – UPS3, includes fringe allowance)
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 18th April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 26th April 2021
The Governors of Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School wish to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking candidate to teach History, across Key Stage 3 and 4 and Law BTEC at KS5. This post presents a good opportunity for either a newly qualified or more experienced practitioner to join the History Department and the wider Humanities and Languages Area. History is a popular subject at KS4. Law is a very popular subject at Key Stage 5 with the launching of BTEC in September 2020.
• A starting salary in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal; a mentoring programme for NQTs; a comprehensive induction, and a good programme of CPL
• Engagement of all teaching staff in the TEEP programme to enhance our teaching and learning in the classroom
• Professional learning delivered for all stages of career development and supported through the LA and Universities
• A supportive, collegiate culture with open minds where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students, will be recognised
• An easy commute via public transport from Brighton, and from other parts of East and West Sussex and from Surrey. Many staff operate car share schemes and we have on-site parking.
Applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment to the teaching of both subjects at all Key Stages. Those expecting to be paid at the upper end of the given pay range need to evidence how that is merited in their application. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher but applications from NQTs are also welcomed.
We are seeking candidates who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a faith school; however, applicants do not need to be a practising Christian.
This is a fantastic Church of England Voluntary Aided 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. The post offers an unmissable opportunity for candidates wishing to make a positive impact on student and team progress, and who are able to provide innovative ideas to achieve this goal.
We intend to review applications as they are received and call those shortlisted for immediate interview. An early application is advised, as once we have appointed, we will close the recruitment process.
The preferred method of communication in connection with this vacancy is by email. This is how invitations to interview will be sent. Please ensure that you check your emails and junk or spam folders on a regular basis.
Application forms and details about the post are attached/ on the website. More information about the post and our school is also available on the website (http://www.holytrinitycrawley.org.uk/Vacancies/). All enquiries and completed application forms with covering letter / statement should be sent to HR email@example.com by the closing date or earlier.
The Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School. We are a Voluntary Aided Church school with a rich history and a reputation for excellence.
The school was opened in 1969 by the Queen and is believed to be the first purpose buil...