Required for September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic History teacher to join our successful 11-18, mixed school. The History Department prides itself on teamwork and achievement. Candidates will be required to teach Key Stages 3, 4 & 5, and be committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning, while promoting outstanding progress and attainment for all. Applications are welcomed from both Newly Qualified Teachers and experienced teachers.
We are looking for an individual who has:-
• Qualified Teacher Status;
• Experience and knowledge of teaching History within a secondary school (ages 11-18);
• Good subject and curriculum knowledge;
• Record of / commitment to outstanding teaching and pupil progress;
• Experience of or a commitment to wider school responsibilities;
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
• A motivator, by example, of pupils, staff and parents;
• An appreciation and an understanding of a school at the heart of the community.
Robert Clack School of Science is one of the most successful schools in the UK and we are expanding to become one of the largest schools in the UK. Reasons to join us:
• Our Pupils: The exemplary behaviour of our pupils is always commented upon by visitors to our school. Our pastoral system is second to none, reinforcing the values and ethos of the school. Pupils understand the importance of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work, high expectations, and aspirations.
• Success: We are hugely oversubscribed with a large Sixth Form. Our most recent GCSE results are the best the school has ever achieved on the key headline measures. We have achieved record breaking results with our best A Level and BTEC results and top University destinations; a record number of Sixth Form pupils are studying at top Russell Group Universities. Many have progressed to employment via apprenticeships or in a variety of industries.
• Professional Development: We believe in developing and supporting teachers, and have been recognised for doing so. We have a Silver award for our CPD from the Teacher’s Development Trust, Investors in People Bronze award and we were voted the Sunday Times Best Public Sector Company ranked first for Leadership, My Company and Personal Growth in 2010.
• Working Conditions: Our pupils need the best quality teachers in the classroom and we support our teachers through enhanced PPA time, minimal bureaucracy, supportive departments, pastoral teams and the leadership team.
• Professional Advancement: We believe in training and developing teachers and the majority of our post holders trained at Robert Clack; a number are former pupils of the school, including the Headteacher, who decided to return as teachers. If you are ambitious, motivated and above all an excellent teacher, there are plenty of opportunities to develop.
To view more information about Robert Clack School, please take a look at the school website. If you would like to apply for this position, please refer to the Teacher Job Description, Teacher Person Specification and download the Teacher application form which is available with the TES. Please submit your completed application form via the TES or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs only will not be accepted. They will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed application form.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Friday 22nd February 2019
Robert Clack School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo identity checks, checks with past employers and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.