Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast. We are proud to be able to offer:
• a unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
• Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
• A record of outstanding academic achievement
• Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
• Excellent pastoral care
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated graduate to join a dynamic, friendly and highly successful department. Examination results are excellent in this subject and applicants will:
• have excellent subject knowledge
• have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards
• be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
• have excellent planning and preparation skills
• have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
• be resilient under pressure
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The post is suitable for experienced teachers as well as those new to the profession. The ability to assist with Oxbridge applications and teach Politics or another subject would be an advantage. A proactive culture of supporting and developing talented and inspiring teachers is supported by the Senior Management Team.
Over 120 pupils take History at A Level and International Baccalaureate, and a significant number go on to study the subject at university, with twenty gaining places at Russell Group universities last year. History is also a very popular option at GCSE.
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For any queries, please telephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 10 - 18 years
Whitgift is an outstanding independent day and boarding school for boys aged 10 to 18. Successive inspections have ranked Whitgift amongst Britain's finest schools. Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, based in 4...