Teacher of History - Furness Academy
Required for September 2021 - Job Reference Code: FET27/2704
Salary range: M1 – M6 depending on experience - Full time, permanent post
Furness Education Trust is a multi-academy trust based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria serving the Furness Community, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park. Currently comprised of four academies including Furness Academy and three primary, the Trust aims to develop best practice in each school across the whole Trust, by collaborating and working together to give the best of everything to every child. Furness Academy is a growing school and we are seeking new staff to join our team to provide the same high quality learning experience that has brought Furness Academy its rising popularity.
We are looking for a talented History Teacher to join our supportive and dedicated Humanities team. This is an excellent opportunity for either an NQT or an experienced teacher looking for a new opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging yet rewarding role, enriching the lives of the students who attend Furness Academy and ensuring they achieve the very best outcomes, then we are keen to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and uses this to inspire and enthuse students
• Has a proven track record of successful teaching and holds QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
• Can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills with the ability to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4
• Has the ability to build good relationships with all students and colleagues
• Has a commitment and willingness to constantly improve their own practice and the practice of those in the department
• Can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of work in the school
The ability to teach RE (or another Humanities subject at Key Stage 3) would be advantageous.
• A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 1100 students;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future;
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff
• Students who are eager to learn and progress
• A supportive and professional environment with evidence-informed continuous professional development
• Staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students at Furness Academy
• The opportunity to work in a collaborative department and faculty where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be valued.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. This is a permanent post.
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021, 1.00pm
Interviews: To be confirmed
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CVs with a fully completed application form.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years