We wish to appoint a Teacher of History for September 2021. Ability to offer an additional Humanities subject at KS3 is also desirable.
This post has arisen due to the expansion of the school.
We are looking for a well qualified, enthusiastic and outstanding individual to work as part of our successful History department.
The successful applicant will be required to teach History across KS3, KS4 and KS5. We offer AQA History at GCSE and Edexcel History at A Level.
An outstanding opportunity
Hitchin Girls’ School is a successful 11 – 18, friendly, over-subscribed, all ability Academy school rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
With 1250 students on roll, including a Sixth Form of 280, we are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education to join us at an exciting time in the development of the school, with an increase in admission numbers from September 2018 onwards.
We can offer you:
· Excellent professional development and guidance, with a highly effective and supportive CPD programme. Courses include a full NQT programme delivered in conjunction with Herts for Learning, NQT +1 courses, Middle leader training, Aspiring Senior Leader course and NPQML and NPQSL courses. More details can be found at http://www.northhertsteachingalliance.org
· An opportunity to be part of our expanding Teaching Alliance, both delivering and receiving support with colleagues.
· Excellent induction, with staff wellbeing as a priority.
· Students who want to achieve their best and be involved in developing their learning.
· Sixth Form teaching as part of the Hitchin Post 16 consortium which includes the 3 secondary schools in the town.
· A school located in the heart of the market town of Hitchin, 30 miles north of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside. We are close to both the M1 and A1M motorways and a few minutes’ walk from the train station with a fast (30 minutes) service to Kings Cross and Cambridge.
· Alongside our impressive 1907 built main school building we have developed new facilities to support 21st century education. A dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in 2014 containing classrooms and a large study area.
· A new sports centre opened in January 2018, comprising a four court sports hall, dance studio, fitness suite and classroom.
· Student numbers increased from September 2018, and to support this a brand new 10 classroom teaching block was opened along with an additional science lab, expanded dining facilities and a new staff car park.
· As the lead school of the North Herts. Teaching Alliance, we are now working collaboratively with more than 12 local schools and this number continues to grow.
So, if you want to be part of a school that strives to be exceptional and provide an exceptional experience for all students and all staff, get in touch.
We reserve the right to close this application early if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, use the Apply Now button. Or contact the school on 01462 621300 for further information.
Hitchin Girls' School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Hitchin Girls’ School
Hitchin Girls' School is a single-sex, all-ability school in Hertfordshire serving the local community with 1,250 students on roll, including a Sixth Form of 280, and a teaching staff of 75. The school is regularly oversubscribe...