Thomas Middlecott Academy is now recruiting for a Teacher of History to join us as soon as possible. This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, inspirational and open-minded history teacher to join our dynamic academy. The position will also have responsibility as the 2nd in the Department for Humanities.
As part of the David Ross Education Trust you will have the opportunity to develop your career in an aspirational setting. We are committed to developing a high calibre of teachers who are looking to be part of a challenging and rewarding environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to be on one of many career pathways; Subject Lead, Senior Leadership, Principal.
- You will be passionate for teaching with the ability to deliver lessons to a high standard
- Have a creative approach to ensure an inclusive learning experience
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to education and the development of our students
- Ability to create a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
What we are looking for
- QTS or equivalent
- Strong subject knowledge
- Ability to teach history curriculum in KS3 and KS4 and potentially A level
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and engage
- Ability to demonstrate high quality outcomes in an education environment
- An individual who is aligned to our values and shares our vision to provide every student with a world-class education
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Access to development pathways to enhance your career including Masters in Expert Teaching
- Being part of an aspirational Trust who want to shape the future of education
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Thomas Middlecott Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.