Rochdale MBC, Diocese of Salford and Diocese of Manchester
Holy Family Roman Catholic and Church of England College
Specialising in Mathematics and Computing
Teacher of History (1 x 1.0 FTE Maternity Leave Cover)
Main Scale M1 to Upper Pay Scale UPS3 (£25, 714 to £41,604)
To start approximately June 2021
Are you, or do you have the potential to be, an exceptional Teacher of History, looking to play a key role in one of the strongest performing schools in the Rochdale Borough?
Holy Family RC & CE College is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Teacher of History who is passionate about education and who has a flair for working with young people, who will drive the History department on to its next stage of development as a high performing faculty.
Holy Family RC and CE College is a Dual Faith Christian 11-16 school located in Heywood, Rochdale. The College was judged as “Good” by OFSTED in 2017, and “Outstanding” by both Salford and Manchester Diocese in 2015.
The College is committed to becoming Outstanding in all areas, and the new Headteacher, who took up post in September 2019, is rapidly driving improvement across the school. This post would be suitable for teachers who would welcome the chance to become part of our exciting journey.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Keen, committed students who are positive and active learners in a College that has a strong, Christian Ethos.
• Excellent professional development and guidance – we welcome applications from NQT’s and all those who believe they have the skills to become an exceptional teacher.
• A very successful and over-subscribed school which is growing
• Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings, supported by the latest resources to support learning
• Supportive and focused Senior Leaders with a passion to develop talented staff into the Middle and Senior Leaders of tomorrow.
• The chance to be part of a school that has a “can and will do” attitude, and the chance to be part of an exceptional department.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
• A teacher with strong subject knowledge and experience of raising achievement across the age and ability range
• Highly motivated and a belief that we can change the life chances of young people for the better
• A well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and can help students to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for their futures
• The talent, interpersonal skills and range of teaching skills necessary to contribute to the overall success of the staff and team, with a smile
• A “can do” attitude that permeates your approach to the job, and a commitment to being the best you can be.
• To support the Christian ethos of our school.
Holy Family College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews to take place on: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Holy Family RC & CE College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years