• Highly competitive (Inner London rates)
• Excellent staff development opportunities
• Additional TLR allowance for suitably experienced applicants
• Recruitment & Retention allowance
• Relocation expenses
History is a very popular and high achieving subject in our school. It is taught as a core subject at key stage 3 and is a very popular subject choice at key stage 4, with nearly 50% of the cohort opting for it. At GCSE the AQA specification is taught, while the OCR specification is taught at A level, the Edexcel. Student outcomes at both key stages is amongst the best in the school and the country.
Students enjoy participating in a range of extra-curricular opportunities outside of the classroom. In the younger years students go on trips and attend clubs where they discuss a wide range of historical issues whilst our older students complete research projects in the local community and regularly attend lectures and seminars at local universities.
The school, described by OFSTED as ‘outstanding’ in 2012 and 2018 is massively oversubscribed and consistently achieves outstanding outcomes at GCSE and A level. Brampton Manor Academy provides a friendly working environment and offers established programmes of teacher induction and continuing professional development.
We wish to employ a Teacher of History who is:
• A subject specialist with an ability and willingness to teach across all of the Key Stages
• Passionate about the subject and has excellent subject knowledge to challenge and enthuse our highly able and ambitious students
• ICT literate and able to contribute to the further development of ICT for both teaching and learning.
• A confident and highly effective classroom teacher, sensitive to pupils’ needs and with high expectations of what can be achieved.
• A team player who is capable of working closely with the rest of the department.
This position would suit a high quality graduate without any teaching qualifications, NQT or more experienced colleagues looking to broaden their experience in a high achieving inner city school.
Please visit our website www.bramptonmanor.org to apply and obtain further details about this role.
All completed application forms should be sent by email to email@example.com
Brampton Manor Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are fully committed to the safeguarding of children. Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received
Brampton Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Brampton Manor Academy is a highly successful 11-18 mixed school and we serve a rich and culturally diverse community in East Ham, close to London City Airport and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park situated in Stratford.
Ranked as one of the top schoo...