An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teacher of History to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational History teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The successful applicant must be qualified to teach History at GCSE and A Level. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
In the Humanities Department we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
The Marches is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
At The Marches School we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
The Marches School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 1,420 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Oswestry, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre. In 2013, The Marches opened its doors to the school's first ever Sixth Formers and now delivers a broad range of A-Levels and boasts modern, spacious Sixth Form Facilities.
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school on Monday 18th March at 2.05pm. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Julia Hipkiss, HR/Personnel Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.marchesschool.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 21st March 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 28th March 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.