Teacher of History.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Wakefield. The school is looking to add a Teacher of History to its progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of History at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Humanities to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“With 725 pupils aged between 11 and 16 housed in a building that has benefited from much recent investment, the school is a busy and vibrant place. We serve the ex-mining area of Knottingley and draw increasingly from the surrounding areas. We are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth, for example in 2019 88 students left year 11 and 168 started in Y7. This was a similar picture in 2020.
We have an exciting teaching opportunity and are looking for an outstanding, committed and motivated teacher to contribute to the development of teaching and learning and curriculum in our History department. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and proven classroom practitioner who can display a real passion for developing and inspiring the pupils in their care. "
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant History Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering History up to GCSE-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1423071 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1423071 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...