We are seeking to recruit an outstanding teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to help enthuse our young people to achieve a high standard in History, with the possibility of teaching some RE depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Whatever your stage of career, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal candidate will:-
· Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for History with an ability or proven track record of raising attainment in History;
· Understand data and how it can be used to inform planning and intervention by tracking progress;
· Be keen to ensure the learning needs of disadvantaged groups are catered for;
· Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
· Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
· Have great references and appraisal documentation demonstrating they are a good classroom practitioner.
Horbury Academy has:-
· Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curricular programme;
· A popular and successful History department with very high student uptake at GCSE;
· A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
· Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
· Membership of Pixl, and is keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
· A number of benefits to offer including a fantastic internal CPD programme, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great location which is accessible from J40 of the M1.
All prospective candidates are welcome to visit on Wednesday 16th May at 3.00pm which will be an opportunity for you to meet our lovely Humanities staff and find out more about the Academy as an employer. If you wish to attend please call our reception to let them know.
Closing Date is Monday 21st May at 10.00am.
The interviews will take place on Wednesday 23rd May.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equality Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth form College.