We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Teacher of History with the opportunity also to teach Politics to join our highly successful department.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or strong NQTs. We offer an excellent NQT induction programme and invest energetically in the growth of all our staff. The successful candidate will be required to teach all key stages.
About the department:
The History department at St Marylebone is a dynamic and friendly department of seven teachers. We place great emphasis on mutual support which includes sharing all resources, rigorous and thoughtful mentoring, as well as more informal everyday conversations and socialising. This means that everyone feels valued, part of a coherent team, and able to take advantage of development opportunities.
We are passionate about History and how best to teach it, and are constantly discussing and refining our subject knowledge and pedagogy. We value clarity and coherence in our overview planning whilst allowing individuals to explore and communicate their own individual areas of interest. Due to this, we have very high uptake at both GCSE and A Level, and achieve excellent results in all key stages.
We believe in the value of enrichment and trips. We run a very well-attended and diverse History Society as well as numerous talks, trips within London, and workshops. We run annual trips to Berlin and to Italy (with other Humanities subjects) and in the past have also been to Russia. We are proud of the history education that we offer our students and are looking for a candidate to add to our exciting team.
About the School:
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject
• Successful experience of teaching History up to and including Key Stage 5
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and good progress
• Evidence of relevant subject based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form, available to download from the School’s website. Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 8:30am on Monday 30 March 2020
Please note that applicants will be called for interview when we receive applications from suitable candidates, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Start date: September 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).