About the Job:
We wish to appoint a part-time teacher (3 days equivalent) of Food & Textiles to work within successful Food Technology Department. At Trinity, the F&T Department offers BTEC Level 2 Home Cooking Skills, Level 3 Food Science Nutrition.
The Department also offers GCSE and A Level Food Technology classes. All classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 onwards.
About Our School:
Trinity Catholic High School is large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood. Ofsted have ranked us as ‘outstanding’ on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and the wider community. Our school’s inspection reports can be viewed on this link: https://www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/inspections/
Achieving the highest standards of teaching and learning are a feature of life at Trinity and we believe this positively impacts upon students’ progress and attainment.
In 2020 in F&T:
- Percentage of students achieving GCSE 5+ (9-7) grades was 33%
- Percentage of students achieving GCSE 5+ (9-4) grades was 93%
- Percentage of students achieving A Level (A*- C) grades was 44%
We need a teacher who is:
- An enthusiastic Food & Technology specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages.
- Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
- Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time (PPA) at Trinity is above the national minimum requirement of 10% of your timetable.
- A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
- Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
- A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Download our application form from our website: https://www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/employment/
If you have any queries, please contact the HR Department on: 020 8504 3419 (ext.126) or email:firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trinity Catholic High School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Trinity Catholic High School is a denominational, co-educational secondary school in Woodford Green, Essex. There are 1660 students on the school roll, 464 of whom are in the sixth form.
Founded in 1976, the school’s motto is "In Christ We Shall Flou...