NQTS are welcome to apply
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017 . Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● Results in Humanities are exceptional.
We are looking for….
● A well-qualified, creative and dynamic teacher who has the ability to teach Humanities
● A history specialist is desirable, but not essential
● An energetic practitioner able to support students Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5.
● We are looking for a hard-working professional who is able to inspire students and promote the love of Humanities to all students.
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful department
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A commitment to staff wellbeing
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
The Humanities Department at Holyhead has an outstanding results’ record. If you feel that you could add value to the current learning for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and expertise to join us as we continue to ensure that students thrive in this subject area then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 Noon on 23rd May 2018
Interviews to be held on: 25th May 2018
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 email: firstname.lastname@example.org