The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the beautiful Como area. ISC's mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning. We are models of what we value. Our staff are committed, passionate, disciplined, creative and life-long learners.
Our teachers are international and certified through recognised and accredited institutions across the world; they are also trained and certified to deliver the IB programmes.
ISC is a recognised IB World school, authorised to offer the full International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum: the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
The International School of Como was founded in September 2002, to serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Como area. In September 2011 the International School of Como moved into its definitive purpose-built campus in the nearby village of Fino Mornasco, 6km south of the beautiful lake Como. Our modern and spacious campus was designed to foster collaborative approaches to teaching and learning. Our campus benefits from science laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, two central libraries, as well as studios for visual arts, drama and music, supported by the sports facilities. Additionally, our youngest students thrive in their carefully designed on-site spaces which support the delivery of our Reggio-Inspired Early Years Curriculum.
ISC currently has an enrolment of over 350 students representing over 41 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration staff.
More information about the school can be found on our website at https://www.iscomo.com/. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of the Inspired group (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and further professional development.
ISC is seeking to appoint a talented, well-qualified, and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics to join our secondary school faculty.
A Head of Department responsibility post may be offered to a suitable candidate.
Candidates should be well-qualified Mathematics specialists, committed to high standards, able to demonstrate an innovative and imaginative approach to teaching and learning, display a willingness to be involved in all aspects of departmental development and be a dedicated team player who strives for excellence and leads by example.
An understanding of how to develop students whose first language is not English will be important.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a successful and growing IB teaching team.
• Hold an EU passport
• Appropriate degree and teaching certification
• Outstanding classroom results and experience with external exam preparation
• Minimum of two years of teaching experience
• Experience of working with the IB curriculum
• A passion for education and working with students
• A visionary leader who is willing to participate in the development of the High School
• A desire to contribute and foster a positive IB learning community
• Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
• Commitment to the IB standards and practices and to the IB Learner Profile
• Superior communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in an international or multicultural school
• Experience of working with students who have English as an Additional Language
Why work with us
We are truly student-centered, with student learning at the heart of everything we do;
We are a collaborative learning community based on the values of the IB Learner Profile, where teachers are trusted, empowered and valued;
We offer official IB professional development at the beginning of the employment and ongoing;
We are a family school with a warm and friendly atmosphere on a modern and well-equipped campus;
We offer a competitive salary and cooked lunches are provided free daily;
We are located in a beautiful part of the world where you can enjoy the beauty of nature as well as the excitement of a close lively metropolitan city such as Milan.
Salaries and Benefits
• Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
• Tax-free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy.
• Relocation and settling-in allowance.
• Free lunches at school.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link or send a single PDF to the School Principal, Mr Gavin Williams, at email@example.com. In both cases candidates should include the following:
· A cover letter outlining your educational philosophy and relevant experience;
· CV with recent photograph;
· Contact details of three referees (one of which must be a supervisor from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before the interview.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Zoom.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to the application deadline.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks.
International School of Como
Como - Italy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years