We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and ambitious Teacher of ICT and Computer Science. We would like to hear from passionate, kind, considerate and academically minded individuals with the enthusiasm, energy and experience to lead our highly effective provision and relate to, and support, young people.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to work within the Secondary School to ensure the success of every pupil at this exciting time of expansion and development. This role offers the successful candidate scope for development and career enhancement.
International School of Seychelles (ISS) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The International School Seychelles is a co-educational non-profit making organisation. The school has over 700 children from ages 3-18, the majority from Seychellois families and a large minority from thirty different nationalities. The school follows the English National Curriculum and all classes are taught exclusively in English.
The successful candidate will have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant should:
• Have excellent subject knowledge
• Have experience of teaching iGCSEs and A-Level / the CAIE syllabus
• Understand the requirements of working in an independent school
• Understand the requirements of working in an international school
• Be committed to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
The successful applicant should:
• Be suitably qualified and/or experienced to teach the subject
• Be passionate about teaching and the value of the subject
• Be committed to the values of ISS and independent education and play a full part in the life of the school
• Understand and espouse child protection practice and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• Understand the particular needs and concerns of this age group, their parents and those who teach at this level
• Promote fairness and equality of opportunity amongst the children and believe passionately that all children should be valued equally
• Have a good sense of humour
• Be a good listener with children and adults, open and approachable
• Be flexible whilst adhering steadfastly to important principles
• Possess determination, enthusiasm and stamina
• Present high standards of appearance at all times in keeping with the profession
• Communicate confidently with parents
• Be positive and motivated
• Can work under the leadership of their line manager and members of the Senior Leadership Team as required.
Education to degree level or equivalent
Evidence of continuing professional development
Terms and Conditions
As per the ISS Teaching Scale, with Relocation and Housing Allowances available for expat teachers.
The post holder will be expected to work such hours as may be reasonably required of them or as may be necessary for the proper and efficient performance of their duties. This is a full-time position.
12 weeks a year to be taken in the School Holidays.
Fee remission for children in accordance with the staff fee remission policy
End of contract bonus
Flights at the beginning and end of the contract
Free car parking on site
School’s CPD programme
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer.
International School of Seychelles (ISS) is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safeguarding of children. This appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter, latest photo, current and expected CTC to email@example.com
Due to the need to appoint immediately for the start of the academic year, we reserve the right to interview suitable candidates in advance of the closing date where appropriate. Previous applicants do not need to submit an application again.
International School Seychelles
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years