Byron College are looking to appoint a passionate teacher of ICT & Maths to teach in our secondary school) from August 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant and dynamic British International for a pro-active individual, who is student focused and wants to make a difference, with the following attributes:
- A degree in ICT & Maths along with a relevant teaching qualification (QTS with completed NQT or equivalent )
- Ability to facilitate learning to different levels simultaneously
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Flexible and innovative approach to working
- Ability to innovate and teach outside of the classroom
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
We are looking for people who are dedicated to helping their students, enjoy challenges, and want to contribute to the continued development of the school. If you seek an opportunity to make a difference and build an experience for students the Byron is the school for you.
The school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline should a suitable candidate be found. Interviews will be conducted online or at the school as necessary.
Greek Applicants - You must hold a relevant degree and have completed the registry for teachers of private schools (Epetirida), or hold the qualifications to do so.
International Applicants - Your qualifications must be from the same country as your passport. You must also hold a relevant teaching qualification (QTS with completed NQT or equivalent) again from the country of your passport. For British applicants we are able to support NQT training.
Please provide the names and emails of 3 referees, one of whom should be your current Headteacher or Principal. References will be requested for all shortlisted candidates so please indicate if you do not wish your current employer to be contacted at this time.
As part of our 'Safer Recruitment Policy' applications must be made through the TES portal and submitted in English. A CV can be attached in addition to the application form but not as an alternative. Applications whereby the application form is not complete will be rejected.
Byron College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the ACRO Criminal Records Office. We are an independent, international school following the English National Curriculum, operating in Athens - Greece under the Department of Education License No. Z2/442/1986. The school is BSO inspected and registered with the Department for Education (DfE reference number 6337) in the United Kingdom.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 1 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years