TEACHER OF ICT/COMPUTER SCIENCE MPS / UPS
Required for 19th April 2021
ONE YEAR FIXED TERM MATERNITY COVER
We require an enthusiastic, innovative and committed full time Teacher of ICT and Computer Science to join a dynamic ICT/Computer Science Department.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, confident and innovative Teacher of ICT and Computer Science to join a forward thinking Department. Joseph Leckie Academy is a vibrant, exciting and innovative mixed 11-18 Converter Academy with an overall progress score of +0.46. The Academy prides itself on offering extensive training opportunities and on – going support through CPD for staff members at all levels.
You will have:
• A good understanding of the ICT and Computer Science curriculum
• The ability to motivate and inspire students.
• A firm commitment and determination to raise the achievement of all students
• Creative teaching skills and a professional approach
• The desire to cultivate a positive working environment
• Good classroom management and high expectations of students.
• Team skills
• A commitment and enthusiasm for ICT/Computer Science teaching both within and beyond the classroom context.
• The ability to teach a second subject, if required, and/or contribute to the delivery of our PDP programme at KS4.
• A clear understanding of the importance of Safeguarding.
We can offer you:
• Excellent resources
• Excellent support and professional development opportunities
• Lap top computers for student use
• Friendly staff
• Wi fi system in all classrooms
Applications are invited from either NQT or experienced teachers who can offer a good understanding of how students learn and are able to translate this into their teaching. The Academy is well subscribed at Key Stage 5 as well and therefore offers the ability to teach across all three Key Stages as well as offering both ICT and Computer Science would be advantage. The candidate may be required to teach another subject, based on their strengths or contribute to PDP.
A career at Joseph Leckie Academy is your chance to be part of a remarkable team that are working to ensure our students are prepared to be the well – rounded leaders of tomorrow.
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For further information on the Academy, post or to apply please visit our website or contact Sam Richards (Principal’s PA) by email.
Closing Date for receipt of Applications: 1st March 2021
Interviews will be held: w/c 8th March 2021
Visits to the Academy are welcomed but please bear in mind the current Lockdown advice to remain at home. Alternatively due to the current restrictions, you may prefer to discuss any questions further with the Head of Department; please contact Sam Richards on the details below to make arrangements.
Joseph Leckie Academy
Walstead Road West, Walsall, WS5 4PG
Tel: 01922 721071 Fax: 01922 641497
Acting Principal: Ms Rachel Cook
Joseph Leckie Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We aim to be a place of learning in which all our students can:
• achieve their full potential;
• develop the skills of independent enquiry;
• work co-operatively with others;
• lay the foundations for a happy, successful and healt...