Beacon Hill School Website: http://www.beaconhill.edu.hk/
Beacon Hill School is now seeking to appoint a teacher to work with students with additional learning needs. This person will have mainstream class teaching experience and will have experience and preferably qualifications in the IN area. This position is not suitable for a beginning teacher. The position will be a full-time two year contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic teacher who wants to make a difference to young people’s lives - please apply. We would like to hear from you.
Main Accountabilities - Teaching and Learning:
- Engage positively and productively in the life of the school.
- Align with the inclusive philosophy of the school.
- Make connections with students to know them well as a people and as learners.
- Work in partnership with homeroom teachers to build a sense of belonging, independence, high engagement and success for all students.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff in ways to meet students' needs.
- Actively put modifications and accommodations in place to help remove barriers for students with individual needs.
- Collaborate professionally with other staff to ensure provision is the best it can be.
- Use technologies to enhance learning and teaching experiences for students needing more support.
- Use a range of assessment and reporting methods to monitor, document, measure and report on learning to improve learning and teaching.
- Team teach and model strategies of support where appropriate.
- Teach specific programmes linked to student goals and monitor the effectiveness of these programmes.
- Develop Individual Education Plans for students with individual needs, in collaboration with teachers and parents.
- Ensure appropriate records are kept on students with individual needs.
- Collaborative professionally with members of the IN team and other staff within the school
Wider professional roles:
- Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development to continually improve.
- Make an active contribution to the development and aspirations of the school.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
- Assist the Principal and/or Vice Principal with the performance of specific functions.
- Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
- At least 4 years teaching experience within an inclusive teaching environment.
- Relevant qualifications, knowledge and experience teaching students with additional learning needs.
- An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum framework (PYP) is highly desirable.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers. ESF Teachers enjoy a lucrative salary package and a high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 18 January 2021
For enquiries, please contact Shiree Yam at +852 23365221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
At ESF Beacon Hill School, we have a team of professional staff providing an all-round education of the very highest quality academically, creatively and socially, ensuring that each child has the opportunity to reach their potential. Students come to us from many countries and this international mix adds a great deal to the atmosphere and the richness of the school experience. An active Parent Teacher Association and School Council support our school ensuring the school achieves its aims.
We are an inclusive school home to 21 students with more moderate individual needs. These students are catered for within our mainstream classes with additional learning support teachers and educational assistants. We offer a range of programmes depending on the needs of the students, such as a Perceptual Motor Programme, Social Thinking, Friends for Life, B2 - Social/Emotional tracking system, Fine Motor and individualised sensory programmes. Our SEN provision is world leading.
Beacon Hill School - ESF
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
Beacon Hill School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), Hong Kong’s largest provider of English-medium international education. ESF’s integrated network of 22 schools and comprehensive programme of after-school activities help to bring ou...