Closing date for applications: Sunday 20th May 2018
Interviews week commencing: Monday 21st May 2018
A once in a lifetime chance to join and shape a school.
An OFSTED inspection in March 2018 graded our school as "Good" commenting that
* Pupil's performance in the core subjects of English and Mathematics has always been strong.
* Behaviour is very good.
* Pupils and the great majority of parents are very enthusiastic about the quality of education
The Swanage School opened in September 2013 as a brand new 11-16 comprehensive ‘free’ school. We have 310 students on roll across years 7 to 11. Whilst popular, we aim to stay small.
Could your inspiring teaching shape our new school in one of England’s finest natural environments?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding KS3/4 Mathematics teacher to join our very successfull and motivated team.
The Swanage School has been created on ‘human scale’ principles, which means that strong and genuine relationships – within school, with the local community and with the wider world – are at its heart.
Our vision is to provide meaningful, tailored and supportive education to young people and to enable the highest levels of attainment.
The school is genuinely embedded in the community and has forged links with community groups, businesses and charities in the town and beyond. These links have broadened and strengthened the education and life experience of our students.
The successful candidate will be:
- Highly ambitious for their students
- An outstanding teacher
- Able to build the aspirations and confidence of students
- Committed to building an exceptional and caring learning community
We are offering the opportunity to:
- Work with a vibrant, motivated team to help shape a new school
- Be part of a school at the heart of its community
- Make a real difference to the learning and achievement of young people
- Benefit from a wonderful environment in which to express your passion andmake your mark
- Work with a committed Governing Body supported by the wider community
Our application form is available on our website: www.theswanageschool.co.uk
If you have any questions about the school or the role or if you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact Jacqui Wilson on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01929 500599
The Swanage School is a Free School with its own terms and conditions that broadly follow National School
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. A DBS check, proof of qualifications and a medical check will be required of the successful applicant.