Teacher of LDD
Job type- Part time permanent
Hours- 22.5 hours per week, term time only
At Totton College, we educate, nurture and transform lives, would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives?
Who we are looking for?
An inspirational teacher to take responsibility for a new provision, initially off site, which is being developed for students who are at the more able end of the Autistic Continuum, who have additional mental health issues, and/or very high anxiety levels, and for whom accessing a mainstream college straight from school is too challenging.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of a team, which includes staff from across college and a range of disciplines.
- Be responsible for the day to day organisation and operation of the new provision
- Develop the curriculum for the new provision, in line with the Foundation Learning Framework.
- Liaise closely with parents and carers.
- Liaise closely with other external agencies, as appropriate
- Chair annual Progression Interviews for all students in the provision
- Have a positive attitude towards students and high expectations of them and for them,
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards behaviour management.
- Plan and deliver Schemes of Work (including lesson plans) in line with course and department documentation.
If you enjoy a challenge and seek the rewards found in transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and adults then we want to hear from you.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply online