Malvern College Hong Kong is an authorised IB PYP and MYP school and is a candidate school for the Diploma programme. MCHK currently has 800 pupils in Prep 1 to Hundred (Years 1-11). In August 2021, we expect to be close to 1000 pupils and look forward to welcoming our first Sixth Form Cohort.
The successful applicant will be part of the PYP Learning Enhancement team and will be expected to support children with a variety of learning enhancement needs including those with English as an additional language.
As a Malvern College teacher the successful applicant will play a full role in the school’s curricular, co-curricular and pastoral programmes.
- Manage contact and teaching time with pupils on an individual, class or small group basis as judged appropriate;
- Liaise with parents of children receiving LE support, other schools and external agencies, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists alongside other members of the LE team;
- Case manage and monitor the progress of individual pupils, and set learning goals by designing individual learning plans and interventions to boost pupils’ learning;
- Create and support suitable learning targets for pupils identified as having additional needs through observation, assessment and planning procedures;
- Provide planned interventions that are based on the principles of an inclusive model, (Intervention programmes will be designed in collaboration with subject teachers);
- Track pupil progress through school-based assessments and adjust interventions accordingly;
- Develop IEP plans (or School Action plans);
- Establish a coherent partnership with subject teachers whereby they are aware of their role in meeting a pupil’s individual needs in the classroom;
- Meet regularly with teachers to ensure that they are aware of pupils’ individual needs to monitor progress and to plan for differentiated teaching and learning strategies;
- Communicate the interventions in place as well as changes in interventions to all necessary parties;
- Facilitate positive relationships;
- Continue to develop professional knowledge in the areas of SEN, EAL and A, G&T;
- Keep the LE register updated;
- Ensure appropriate assessment arrangements are in place where required for pupils on the LE register, both for internal assessments and external IB assessments and examinations;
- Liaise with Head of Learning Enhancement (PYP) to ensure a smooth transition for pupils from P6 to FY1;
- Work collaboratively with the pastoral team, Gifted and Talented Co-ordinator and EAL teacher;
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings, Admissions Days and Professional Development as appropriate;
- Play an active role in the College’s co-curricular programme; and
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree and a teaching qualification;
- Relevant SEN and/or Gifted Education qualifications/training;
- Learning Enhancement practitioner with at least 3-5 years of teaching experience who is dedicated to enabling each child to achieve the highest possible standards;
- Classroom teaching experience is essential;
- Teaching experience within a Learning Enhancement team at an International School is preferable but not essential;
- Knowledge in an international context is essential;
- A competent, confident and effective communicator;
- Detailed knowledge of a range of primary interventions to support learning and social/emotional growth;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Innovative, flexible and technologically adept;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Commitment to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
- Flexible, resilient and able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively; and
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV with photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Closing date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis and as such early applications are encouraged.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype or in person. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org
Malvern College Hong Kong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years
Malvern College Hong Kong (MCHK) opened its doors to its first pupils in August 2018. This co-educational day school caters largely for international pupils, reflecting the truly multi-cultural nature of this vibrant city. Malvern College Hong ...