Teacher of Mathematics
An exciting opportunity to join our 100% specialist Mathematics department within our dynamic, diverse, and over-subscribed academy (University Technical College).
Mathematics is a vital element of our STEM curriculum and includes large numbers of A Level Mathematics as well as GCSE Mathematics, Level 3 Statistics, Level 3 Core Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Engineering Mathematics. We also have a Year 9 discovery Maths curriculum.
We are looking for an innovative and creative teacher that will ensure that our young people strive for excellence and therefore make outstanding progress.
As well as our own outstanding facilities, our location next to our sponsor Aston University means that we can access resources, teaching and learning spaces like no other school. (About Aston University Engineering Academy)
AUEA is a highly diverse institution with learners and staff from all communities and backgrounds from across the West Midlands. We strongly welcome applicants from within our local communities with a passion to increase our young people's social mobility and future opportunities.
This role will suit an experienced classroom Maths practitioner or Newly Qualified Teacher who is ready to learn and develop their subject and career in a dedicated and passionate Maths department.
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join our team
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher /NQT
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
As a valued member of AUEA we will offer:
- A family-feel environment centred around the health and well being of staff and students.
- A designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care package including a family day off per year.
- Personalised CPD and Career development programme
- Opportunity for experience and development as part of our Armed Forces and Combined Cadet Force partnerships.
Visits with the Principal are welcome either virtually or in-person. To book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Amanda Johnson via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd March 2020 at 12:00 noon.
Interviews will be coordinated in line with appropriate procedures inline with current COVID-19 regulations and safety.
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Aston University Engineering Academy
- Mainstream school with state - university technical college (utc) funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 19 years
As the first major university sponsored University Technical College in the country, Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) our sixth form: 'Aston University Sixth Form' combines the very best education for academic and technical skills...