The Governing Board is seeking to appoint well qualified and inspiring Maths specialist to teach KS3 and GCSE Mathematics at this very exciting time in our school history.
King Edward VI Northfield School for Girls (previously Turves Green Girls’ School) is the latest member of renowned King Edward VI Academy Trust (February 2021). We are a non-selective, comprehensive school with high aspirations and high ambitions for all our students.
Mathematics is taught by a strong and dedicated team and has on a trend of improving results (Mathematics results for 2020 were 81% Grade 4+ and 64% above a Grade 5).
If you believe that:
- you are an excellent classroom practitioner,
- you are committed to raising levels of attainment, progress and standards,
- social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student deserves a first-class education,
- you are ready to engage with our impressive culture of professional development,
- you possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose,
- The strengths of the school include:
- A superb new state of the art school building
- Excellent pastoral care and support
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils
- Supportive and committed staff who work as a team
- Access to superb professional development both within the school and across the Academy Trust
- An ethos which values and develops all staff
- Good and improving examination results
- A strong sporting tradition, reflected in our two hours of core PE for KS4 students per week.
- The school is located in South Birmingham with excellent transport links by both road and rail.
We welcome pre-visits and if you would like to arrange to meet us or for additional information, please contact Miss Sharon Killeen (Headteacher’s P.A) – Tel 0121 513 0181
Closing Date: 21 May 2021 at 15:00
Contact the school for further details and an application form or apply online via the website nsg.kevibham.org
As a school we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of its pupils and the successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record check.
King Edward VI Northfield School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 16 years