Tottington High School is a school with a very clear vision for its future, having recently converted to academy status to be part of the family within The Shaw Education Trust; committed to the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful performance of all its academies
We seek an exceptional Mathematics candidate who is passionate about the subject and is an excellent classroom practitioner. You will be committed to maximising the progress and achievement of every student and will be somebody who can continue the growth and development of our school and this subject area. You will teach Key Stage 3 & 4.
The successful candidate will be committed to our motto of ‘achieving excellence through partnership’ and have the skills, expertise and determination to make a difference to the lives of our students, making Mathematics exciting and interesting. We are working to create something exceptional for the young people in our community and if this ambition appeals to you, we would be delighted to receive an application from you.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join Tottington High School, a school within the Shaw Education Trust. Please visit our main school website to gain further information about the school. An Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience leads the Trust: www.shaw-education.org.uk. They are committed to the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful performance of all its academies. Career opportunities within the Trust are significant. All leaders are supported to excel. There is a bespoke leadership pathway programme, which enables the next stage of professional growth within the group. Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
· Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses includes all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
· High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
· Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
· Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
· Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
· Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
· Participating in peer reviews.
· Access to a suite of online courses.
· Placement projects within our family of schools.
Tottington High School is dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students; all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including Enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion and further information about the post, please email our Headteacher, Mrs Brett: email@example.com
Further details and application forms are available from the school website: https://www.tottington.bury.sch.uk/current-vacancies/ or Shaw Education Website: http://www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers.html
Should you wish to apply, please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th April 2021
Interviews: week beginning 26th April 2021
Tottington High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years