A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic colleague to join our vibrant and successful school.
What we offer:
• Mathematics is a successful faculty, with strong progression into Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A Level. Our students perform brilliantly in competitions such as the UK maths challenge and Olympiads.
• The school has invested heavily in mathematics with a suite of new classrooms.
• As a people-centred organisation we offer an outstanding employee support package
• Hampstead School has an amazing record of professional development leading to rapid career progression at all levels.
We need you to be:
• Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the highest expectations
• A team player with excellent subject knowledge and ability to teach to A Level
• A strong communicator wanting the best for each student
• A cracking teacher, enthusiastic and optimistic in your approach
Teaching Mathematics at Hampstead School is both inspiring and engaging and includes creative ideas, lively activities and enriching activities for every lesson and within the wider curriculum. You will work within a mathematics team that is supportive, proactive and dedicated to ensuring that every child at Hampstead School is able to flourish and grow. There are numerous opportunities to advance and develop professionally your subject and teaching knowledge. We pride ourselves on reaching out and being in STEAM and mathematics related extra-curricular activities and being involved in competitive Maths challenges throughout London.
What people say about us:
“We think this is what all urban comprehensive schools should look like. Ambitious and inclusive, it’s a school that opens its doors to all and gives them an enjoyable, vibrant education” (Good Schools Guide 2020)
“Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. Leaders have ensured that they have very good opportunities for training and development. Many staff have moved on to promoted posts internally and elsewhere. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils”. (Ofsted)
“An exceptional climate for learning” (Challenge Partners)
Details and application form can be downloaded from our website.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April at 9am
Interview Date: Monday 26th April 2021
Hampstead School is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, staff engagement forums, in-school facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. We welcome applications from those keen to explore part time, job share or flexible working arrangements.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will be made with previous employers.
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years