St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 690 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers to start in August 2021 for the following position:
Teacher of Mathematics
All candidates are expected to have :
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A recognised degree in Mathematics or equivalent from an accredited university, and a PGCE, QTS or other internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- At least three to five years of experience teaching the subject across Key Stages 3 – 5, with evidence of successful examination results at I/GCSE and A-Level in recent years. Experience in teaching Cambridge International IGCSE and A-Level would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in teaching an additional subject is preferred, therefore applicants should include such information within the application.
- Be committed to Christ-centered values and beliefs.
- Model excellent practice in the classroom; preferably externally verified.
- Secure knowledge and understanding of excellent practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning, and be able to use data effectively.
- Must be able to demonstrate the impact of teaching on the progress of individual groups and cohorts of children.
- Committed to continuing professional development.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office/Office 365 products. Experience with SIMS would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- Be an excellent team player committed to the Catholic ethos, values and aims of the school, and be committed to the holistic education of children.
- Lead and/or be involved in a wide range of school related extra-curricular activities.
- Be available as a form tutor, if required.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing pastoral, academic, and behavioural support for children per school policies and procedures.
- Keeping good records of the progress of the children in the class/group and to be able to use the formal assessment processes of the school, both for formative and summative purposes.
- Supporting parents with referrals to outside agencies, where required.
- Meeting with parents, staff, and children to provide support with Individual Education Planning and Learning plan support, where required.
- Providing communication to parents including the writing of formal reports, and meeting with parents regarding their child's progress.
- Leading and/or be involved in a wide range of school-related extra-curricular activities.
Candidates should refer to the Person Specification and the Job Description prior to submitting an application.
Salary range is CI$44,595.00 - CI$58,400.00 per annum (Tax-Free) commensurate with qualifications and experience based on the school’s salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance (including airfare) and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
St. Ignatius Catholic School is required under Law and in accordance with the Archdiocese of Detroit to check the background of all employees. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Decisions to appoint will be subject to consideration of an enhanced criminal background check, qualifications check and three satisfactory references.
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 16th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years