TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
MPS/UPS – NQTs Welcome
Shirley High School is a proud multicultural school with an established reputation of integrity and excellence. Our school is at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community, with over 1000 students benefiting from our fabulous site and leafy surroundings. Along with our clear values and ethos this helps to create a positive learning environment for both students and staff. We also benefit from excellent transport links to London and the surrounding areas plus an onsite gym and ample free parking.
We have high expectations in all we do and believe that all our students can be the best in the world at whatever they decide to pursue through their hard work, determination, leadership and compassion. We strive for excellence through our broad curriculum and our wide range of extra-curricular opportunities whilst also ensuring that both students and staff are developed both in and out of the classroom.
As a school, we are totally committed to ensuring that all students can access, engage and more importantly enjoy mathematics. We understand the importance of maths in allowing students to progress in their educational journey and provide the resources for our maths team to achieve these aims. We are rebuilding and redesigning our maths team and curriculum, and want talented teachers to join us on this exciting journey. We are currently looking for a dynamic and motivated teacher that has passion and enthusiasm for mathematics. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher or someone new to the profession to work in a department that is excellently resourced and fully committed to developing staff to fulfil their teaching and learning potential.
We are looking for someone who:
• is a teacher that is dedicated, professionally and passionately demonstrates their classroom talent;
• has the skills to work across different departments to help improve student performance
• is able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge;
• is motivated and enthusiastic;
• has the energy to build on recent GCSE results and will help to drive forward high quality post 16 provision;
• is resourceful and innovative;
• actively want to develop their teaching qualities;
• has first rate communication and organisational skills
• has the potential to lead teams and develop staff in the future.
We offer excellent working conditions with key benefits that include:
• Cycle to Work scheme;
• Significant departmental investment;
• Staff Mentoring;
• Staff car park on site;
• Fitness Suite;
• A strong focus on the professional development of all staff within our school;
• NQTs are eligible for a one-off payment of £600 for a two-week induction period in July;
• A staff wellbeing programme.
Should you genuinely believe you have the skills to perform this role to the highest possible standards and are truly passionate about joining us on our journey then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us to arrange a tour of the school or speak with our new Principal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. More information can be downloaded from our website www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk
Full details/application form available from: www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk. Completed application forms can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 30 March 2020 although please be aware that the listing will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.