Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract, Full-Time, Full-Year Post
Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast. We are proud to be able to offer:
• a unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
• beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
• a record of outstanding academic achievement
• superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
• excellent pastoral care.
The Mathematics Department is seeking to appoint a well-motivated, dedicated and energetic graduate for an immediate start. An April or September 2021 start date will also be considered. Examination results are excellent in this subject and applicants will:
• have excellent subject knowledge
• have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards
• be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
• have excellent planning and preparation skills
• have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
• be resilient under pressure
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• the ability to assist with the preparation of Oxbridge candidates would be an advantage.
The post is suitable for experienced teachers as well as those new to the profession who may be able to participate in our highly-regarded Schools Direct programme. A proactive culture of supporting and developing talented and inspiring teachers is supported by the Senior Management Team.
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated. Accommodation may be available. Assistance is offered towards removal expenses.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community as we aspire to reflect the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies For any queries, please tel ephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk
Applications will be reviewed daily and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received, so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 10 - 18 years
Whitgift is an outstanding independent day and boarding school for boys aged 10 to 18. Successive inspections have ranked Whitgift amongst Britain's finest schools. Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, based in 4...