Parkside School was judged as a GOOD school by OFSTED in October 2016 and was also shortlisted for the following awards:
• The Telegraph & Argus Education Awards – in the category of School Improvement (Highly commended)
• For the last two years - Sky Sports Awards for Education (Top 10 schools nationally)
Parkside is a rapidly improving school situated in a rural situation, close to Haworth, West Yorkshire, with good transport links to both Bradford and Leeds. It is a popular and oversubscribed 11 to 18 co-educational school with around 1100 students on role. Due to the improvements instigated over the last few years and also to address the increased need for provision in the community, from September 2017, the school engaged in an expansion programme. This will take the school to 210 students on entry, up from the previous 180 and will increase the school in size to approximately 1275 (including sixth form).
OFSTED October 2016 commented:
“Senior leaders have been successful in improving the quality of teaching and pupils’ progress since the last inspection”
“The Headteacher and his senior team lead the school with energy, drive and determination…”
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good…”
“…Parents agree that their children are safe”
“Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive and the school’s expectations of behaviour are high”
“Across a broad range of subjects, pupils currently in the school are making good progress from their starting points…”
“Teaching and Learning in the sixth form are good…”
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, innovative, and highly skilled teacher. The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of Faculty and it is expected they will support the strategic direction and development of the faculty across all areas and exam courses.
The successful applicant will be joining a faculty that has:
• Improving results and progress across all Key Stages;
• Worked strategically to enhance the progress of its students at all Key Stages;
• A dedicated team who are hardworking, enthusiastic and collaborative in their approach to working together;
• A supportive environment where staff development is an essential aspect of career development
We are seeking to appoint:
• A teacher who can pro-actively help move the faculty forward at a time of change
• Someone who can inspire / motivate students
• A teacher with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting lessons
• A candidate with high expectations of themselves and others
• An outstanding classroom practitioner
• A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising the attainment and progress of their students further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
• A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising/enhancing the extra-curricular offer to students
We can offer:
• Career development opportunities
• Nationally accredited staff CPD
• Smaller than average teaching groups
• Opportunities to teach at post 16 in some roles
Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher, Mr Andy Taylor, via his PA Mrs Jill Britton on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are as excited by this challenge as we are and you think this might be the role for you, please apply by following the link below, having taken note of the attachments, by the closing date of Monday 21st January 2019 at 10:00 am.
Please note: Only first person or direct applications from candidates will be considered. Third party applications/introductions or recommendations will not be accepted by the school.
Successful candidates will be contacted for interview, which will be undertaken W/C 21st January 2019
The School has adopted the principles of Safer Recruitment and will safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to do the same. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Parkside School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.