We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics to join a committed and successful department. This post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or an NQT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development. Part-time requests may be accommodated.
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’ We are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of Mathematics;
- be passionate about Maths and engaging students in the subject;
- be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
- have fantastic subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students, including the most able, appreciate Mathematics and understand how to succeed in the subject;
- have the highest expectations of themselves and of the behaviour and achievement of students.
In return we:
- offer outstanding professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
- provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
- provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
- offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
- provide excellent support for NQTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors.
Testbourne Community School