Teacher of Mathematics
Salary: MPS or UPS (dependent on experience)
Academy Trust and School
Laureate Academy is a dynamic and ambitious school. We are determined to provide an exceptional standard of education to our students – one that is the equal of the very best schools in the country. We deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum, in collaboration with our Curriculum Centre.
We have the very highest aspirations for all of our students, both academically and in their wider lives. The conduct of our students is excellent, supported by a firm but fair behaviour policy which all staff apply consistently. This exemplary behaviour means that teachers are free to teach the subject that they love in the way that they want.
We are proud to be part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of 7 schools, Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT), the school believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is able to inspire children with a love of Mathematics both as an academic subject and in the world around them. We want someone who is a tireless advocate for Mathematics, and who can work collaboratively with the Mathematics Department to innovate, to try new approaches and to always look to improve.
We are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students. Laureate Academy is an exciting and demanding school, and one where students and staff are exceptionally well supported.
Please find attached more information about the role and a full job description.
In return we can offer you:
• A supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment to work in.
• The opportunity to work within an innovative and ambitious family of schools.
• The opportunity to work with enthusiastic, well-behaved and hardworking pupils.
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust.
• Access to our employee benefits platform – Perkbox
• Access to the government backed Cycle to Work Scheme
• An area well served by public transport and free on-site car park
• Free use of our on-site gym.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements
• Key benefits including pension scheme and season ticket loan
You will be:
• A fantastic Mathematics teacher, with superb subject knowledge
• Equipped with excellent academic qualifications
• Aligned with our ambitious educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum.
• An inspirational teacher, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
To apply: Please complete the Future Academies teaching staff application form (from our website) and send to email@example.com
Please visit our Trust’s website (www.futureacademies.org) and www.laureateacademy.org to find out more about our ambitious educational family.
Closing date: Monday 14 October 2019
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to shortlist, interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate applies for the post.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
We look forward to receiving your application.