South Island School Website: http://www.sis.edu.hk
South Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,400 students.
Teacher of Mathematics (Starting Aug 2019)
The school requires a Teacher of Mathematics for 2019/20 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
Key responsibilities include:
* Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students' individual learning needs and to ensure students' progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Using flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintaining a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Using learning technologies to enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students' achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Closing Date: 11 Nov 2018
For enquiries, please contact Angelie Higgs at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.