We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics. Key to this role will be a passion for leading, modelling and promoting excellence, contributing to Academy and Trust improvement.
This is an excellent and exciting time to join our Academy. We believe in supporting and developing all staff, with regular CPD and a forward-thinking, friendly team culture. We welcome visits to the school and the chance to meet members of the department, as well as the leadership team. Please contact Estelle Sharpe to arrange a visit on 01476 405200.
The West Grantham Church of England Secondary Academy encourage our students to develop and grow as people during their time with us. As a small Church of England Academy, we get to know our students extremely well and many people comment on the family atmosphere when visiting us.
The Academy is conveniently located close to the A1 and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach mathematics, are well-organised, creative and want to play a key role in the future development of the Academy, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject, raising standards of achievement;
- Be an outstanding classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspects of mathematics;
- Contribute to an engaging learning atmosphere within the department for both students and staff;
- Have a thorough understanding of the changes in the mathematics curriculum;
- Be confident in using and interpreting data tracking;
- Be able to effectively communicate with students, parents and staff.
- An opportunity to make a difference in an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and supportive staff;
- An opportunity to lead change and develop creativity in learning and teaching;
- Support from an enthusiastic leadership team, who are passionate about raising standards of achievement for all students.
More information and application forms are available on our website:
For any further information please contact Estelle Sharpe by email: Esharpe@wgacademy.org.uk
Please note we cannot accept CV’s as a form of application.
Application deadline: Noon on Friday 21 May 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 26 May 2021
The Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening including checks with previous employers and undertake an enhanced DBS with barred check.
West Grantham Church of England Secondary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years