Teacher of Mathematics
Full time – Permanent
Salary – MPS/UPS
Start date: 6th January 2020 or sooner if available
Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2020 at 12pm (Midday)
Interviews: Week commencing 21st October 2019
Are you a passionate Mathematics teacher able to plan and deliver outstanding lessons? Are you looking to work in a positive and forward-thinking department that puts collaboration and excellence at the heart of everything it undertakes? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Mathematics department. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Mathematics with the qualities to inspire and motivate both staff and students. Our 2018/19 GCSE Mathematics results saw the department perform above the National average at each grade measure with the percentage of students achieving grades 9-4 higher than ever previously recorded. As members of the Teach Manchester Mathematics core group we are able to stay at the forefront of Mathematical developments at a regional and national level. At Key Stage 3, we have developed a new mastery model focused on ensuring that our students gain a more conceptual understanding of the topics that they will go on to study in more detail at Key Stage 4.
Why not apply to join us?
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection
• Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
• A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
• “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
• We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
• Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; “The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented.” Ofsted 2019.
The successful candidate will be an experienced or outstanding recently qualified teacher with:
• the ability to engage students and transmit an enthusiasm for Mathematics;
• knowledge and understanding of current teaching and learning strategies in Mathematics;
• the ability or potential to teach inspirational lessons to a range of abilities across both key stages;
• an enthusiastic commitment to developing the school’s extra-curricular offering;
• a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students;
• excellent subject knowledge;
• a desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the development of our department and the progress of our students;
• Understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to submit an application. Your application should explain fully your suitability for the role as detailed in the job description and tailored to meet the Person Specification in terms of your knowledge, experience, skills, qualities and qualifications. An information pack and application form can be downloaded from the documents below or from the school’s website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.